The Postal services contract is expiring on 28 February 2019 and will not be renewed. Organisations are to establish their own arrangements as required.
This contract covers domestic parcels (including e-parcel) and international mail. The contract is a sole supplier arrangement with Australia Post.
Lead organisation: Department of Treasury and Finance
Conditions of use: Non-mandatory
Contract reference number: SS-03-2013
Arrangement type: Sole supplier
Start date: 1 January 2014
End date: 28 February 2019
Log in to view confidential commercial details of the contract (Government users only)
Register as a buyer for the contracts portal (Government users only)
- standard process and prices
- central contract management
- parcels: national delivery of larger articles (not letters) through ordinary mail, including e-parcels (with tracking and signature on delivery)
- international mail: international delivery (excluding express courier international services)
Join this contract
To join this contract and access more information:
Step 1. Register for the contracts portal
Log in to the contracts to download confidential contract information and pricing.
Use this contract
How to use the Parcel Post and International Mail Service:
Step 1. Address your parcel or international mail
Clearly address the parcel to be sent and include a return address and Post Paid Australia Imprint if you have one.
Step 2. Apply the barcode
All parcels (except international mail) need an untracked barcode. You can get barcodes from your Australia Post lodgement point (quote stock '8840303').
Labels are available in rolls of 500
Step 3. Complete the paperwork
Make a copy of this form and sign both copies.
Step 4. Lodge the form
Take both copies of your signed paperwork to your nominated Australia Post lodgement office.
How to use the eParcel service
Please contact your Australia Post contact to arrange a meeting to discuss setting up an eParcel service.
- use your user ID and password to access eParcel Online. When you establish an eParcel service, Australia Post will provide you these details and free despatch labels to use with a laser printer
- enter your consignment details into the system. To save time, you can import a file from another system
- despatch an 'end-of-day' data file (manifest) online
- print a copy of the manifest to send with your freight
How to lodge your mail with Australia Post
Your freight is now ready for collection, or for you to drop off at an Australia Post business centre or a selected post office. Please take both copies of your signed paperwork (mailing statement or manifest).
Please contact 13 11 18 to arrange Australia Post to collect your lodgement from your office. Australia Post offers a free collection service when the minimum postage value for lodgement is $41.
Freight is delivered
If no one is available to receive the consignment, Australia Post will follow your instructions to leave it in a safe place, or leave a card so the recipient can collect it from a nearby retail outlet.
Australia Post will keep carded consignments for 10 business days (and issue a reminder card half-way through), before returning the consignment to you.
Department contract managers
Contact your organisation contract manager if you have any questions about this contract.
Reviewed 12 February 2019