The Victorian Government introduced a new policy for public construction on 1 July 2018. It supports the rollout of Victoria’s major infrastructure projects.
- The new policy enables:
- easier industry participation
- time and cost savings when preparing bids
- a stronger focus on project goals
- greater transparency for bids
- better dialogue with industry participants.
For more information on the framework:
We have talked to industry to identify many opportunities to reduce time and cost.
- greater ease of purchasing across government
- reducing time and costs to industry in bid processes
- improving the government's ability to plan for construction purchases.
The booklet, Reforming Public Construction, describes the issues raised by industry: