A request for tender has just been completed. Red Energy Pty Ltd has been successful and will be appointed as the sole supplier to the electricity large sites State Purchase Contract effective 1 July 2019.
Red Energy Pty Ltd is the contract for large sites electricity so no transition activities will be required by users.
A whole of Victorian Government closed panel contract with 1 supplier for providing electricity to sites using over 40 MWh per year, including renewable energy certificates, along with supplying new sites.
Lead agency: Department of Treasury and Finance
Conditions of use: Mandatory
Contract reference number: SS-03-2018
Arrangement type: Sole supplier
Start date: 01 July 2019
End date: 01 July 2022
Log in to view confidential commercial details of the contract (Government users only)
Register as a buyer for the contracts portal (Government users only)
- risk management for energy and environmental certificates
- cost-efficient energy in a volatile wholesale market
- the ability to add new sites
This contract covers these main areas of retail electricity supply services:
- electricity for large sites using more than 160 MWh per year
- electricity for sites using between 40 and 160 MWh per year (if added to the scope of a contract)
- accredited GreenPower at percentages of 10%, 25% and 100%
- renewable Energy Certificates including SREC and VEEC
This contract is a sole supplier arrangement with Red Energy:
Join this contract
To join this contract and access more information:
Step 1. Register for the contracts portal
The category manager will check you’re eligible and if approved, will notify you by email.
Step 2. Complete the roll-in form
Complete the roll-in form after you join the contract:
Include this information for any transfers:
- the National Meter Identifier (NMI) on the existing retailers' invoice.
- site address where the NMI is located (also on the invoice)
- the incumbent retailer
- required billing (per site or consolidated)
- billing address (if different to the supply address);
- billing address contact details
- the percentage (out of either 10%, 25% or 100%) if you need accredited GreenPower (the default position is 0%)
- organisation details and ABN (if new to the contract)
Use this contract
Contact your department head for more information.
Department contract managers
Reviewed 27 June 2019