This whole of Victorian Government open panel contract offers multiple suppliers for buying cars and other vehicles.
Lead Organisation: Department of Treasury and Finance
Conditions of use: Mandatory
Contract reference number: SS-01-2018
Arrangement type: Open panel
Start date: 1 May 2018
Log in to view confidential commercial details of the contract (Government users only)
Register as a buyer for the contracts portal (Government users only)
- a range of suppliers who meet contract terms and conditions
- accessories, pre-payments and roadside help
- price protection for 90 days
- access to heavy vehicles (up to 8 tonnes)
- no contract access fee (CAF)
- better measurement and monitoring processes
- service delivery: vehicles used for emergency services and other frontline government services
- public sector transport: vehicles for use in the public sector including inspectors and case workers
- executive vehicles
Motor vehicles included in this contract:
- sedan/hatch/wagon (small)
- sedan/hatch/wagon (medium)
- sedan/hatch/wagon (large)
- passenger vehicle (hybrid/electric)
- sports utility vehicles (small)
- sports utility vehicles (medium)
- sports utility vehicles (large)
- 4x4 wagon (small)
- 4x4 wagon (medium)
- 4x4 wagon (large)
- people mover
- 4x2 / 4x4 pick-up/cab chassis/utility
- light bus
- general duty patrol and high performance vehicles
- general duty utility
- sports utility vehicle (large)
- covert motorcycles
- off road motorcycles
- heavy commercial vehicles and trucks up to 8 tonnes
- pre-paid scheduled servicing for all vehicles (pricing schedules available for up to 60,000km)
- roadside assistance for 3 years or for the full period you own the vehicle if longer than 3 years (priced separately)
- dealer delivery for all vehicles ordered
- factory approved cargo barrier for all station wagons and SUVs
- factory warranty for at least 3 years or 100,000 km
The contract offers access to an open panel, with 18 suppliers:
- BMW Australia
- Fiat Chryser
- Fiat Chrysler Australia (includes Jeep)
- General Motors Holden
- Iveco Trucks
- Kia Australia
- Mercedes Benz Passenger
- Mercedes Benz Vans
- Mitsubishi Australia
- Nissan Australia
- Toyota Australia
- Volkswagen (includes Skoda)
Join this contract
To join this contract and access more information:
Step 1. Register for the contracts portal
Log in to the contracts portal to download confidential contract information and pricing.
Step 2. Get access to the VicFleet portal
When you have access to the Contracts portal, VicFleet arranges a login and password to their portal.
Use this contract
Key policies in the SMVP will directly impact the operation of the contract and selection of motor vehicles. As a result, buyers must select motor vehicles based on operational and SMVP requirements, including:
- only passenger and sports utility vehicles on the AVL are permitted for lease or purchase by any buyer bound by the SMVP
- the AVL will be published on the VicFleet website and will be determined based on vehicle safety, environmental performance and whole of life cost
- the AVL will be updated as vehicle models, pricing and safety features change
- government entities are required to purchase from the Approved Vehicle List
Passenger and sports utility vehicles that are required for specific operational purposes, including emergency service vehicles and vehicles intended to transport people with a disability may be exempted if a suitable vehicle is not available on the AVL.
Victoria Police has a standing operational needs exemption.
The dealer organises initial vehicle registration.
Your fleet manager should tell the dealer where to deliver the vehicle. They also need to say which registration plate is needed - government (red plate) or private (blue plate).
VicFleet manages registration renewal for all vehicles under the finance lease facility to a common expiry date of 1 August. All new vehicles should match this common expiry date.
VicFleet manages a whole of Victorian Government finance lease arrangement. Funding for the finance lease is from the Treasury Corporation of Victoria. VicFleet is the lessor and government organisations are lessees.
Under a finance lease, all the risks and benefits of ownership are with the lessee. You can view risks and benefits on your balance sheet.
Department contract managers
VicFleet is the key point of contact between your department and the category manager.