A whole of Victorian Government contract with 1 supplier for booking and managing travel for government business.
Lead agency: Department of Treasury and Finance
Conditions of use: Mandatory
Contract reference number: SS-01-2016
Arrangement type: Sole supplier
Start date: 1 September 2016
End date: 31 August 2019
Log in to view confidential commercial details of the contract (Government users only)
Register as a buyer for the contracts portal (Government users only)
- 24/7 assistance with travel bookings
- end-to-end travel management services
- online booking portal and reporting dashboards
- a range of payment options, including a trading account
- low transaction fees and competitive travel rates
This contract covers these main areas of travel services:
- travel booking
- discounted airfares, hotel and car rental prices
- account management
- travel data reporting
- duty of care support
- group and emergency travel support
This contract is a sole supplier arrangement with Corporate Travel Management (CTM).
Corporate Travel Management
ABN: 52 005 000 895
Address: 271 Collins Street
Melbourne, VIC 3000
Contact Name: Jess Dalsanto
Role: Client Value Manager
Phone: (03) 9567 3603
Email: (general enquiries only: please do not send travel requests to this email)
Join this contract
To join this contract and access more information:
Register for the contracts portal
Log in to the contracts to download confidential contract information and pricing.
Use this contract
Anyone using this contract must follow the rules of use:
Step 1. Check that travel is necessary
Consider whether you can avoid travel with web, video or phone conferences. If travel is necessary, you need to find the most cost effective options by contacting CTM.
Step 2. Get approval from your department to travel
Contact your financial delegate or line manager in your organisation.
Step 3. Read all the relevant travel policies
Make sure you’ve read:
- your organisation’s internal travel policy
- relevant travel advice from the Smart Traveller of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Step 4. Create an itinerary
Make sure you have both:
- your proposed itinerary
- all travelers’ correct names and cost centre
Step 5. Start your booking
You can book through the CTM Smart Portal, over the phone or by email.
The CTM Smart Portal
Access the CTM Smart.
You need to be an authorised travel booker to use CTM Smart Portal. Speak with your department's main travel contact to create or amend your travel booker profile.
Telephone or email bookings
Contract your department's travel manager for more details.
Best fare of the day and advance bookings
When booking air travel, you must follow the ‘best fare of the day’ (BFOD) guidelines.
The BFOD is the lowest applicable air fare offered by CTM’s Online Booking Tool or CTM’s travel consultant, as long as the fare meets these guidelines:
- domestic travel fares (including to and from New Zealand) should be up to 30 minutes either side of the requested departure time
- international travel fares should be up to 2 hours either side of the requested departure time
- the BFOD offered should take the chosen travel class into account, according to the VPS Travel Policy. For example, where business class is approved, the BFOD should be the lowest possible business class fare.
- the BFOD should offer reasonable connections and minimal stop-overs wherever this is possible
If a traveller needs flexibility for the return portion of their trip, the BFOD must represent a restricted outbound flight and a flexible or semi-flexible return flight
All Victorian departments who travel more than 50km from their usual place of work are covered by the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA) Business Travel.
Staff in other government organisations should check with their relevant managers for applicable travel insurance coverage.
Contact VMIA directly with any questions:
phone: 03 9270 6900
Department contract managers
Reviewed 30 October 2018